Saturday, October 3, 2009

"Long Journey, Beautiful Reward"

It's amazing. The Twin Cities Marathon is tomorrow morning. By this time tomorrow I'll be about 4 miles in - that's about 1/6 of the distance. After a rainy and cold week in which I only ran once on Tuesday (3.6 miles), I feel as ready as I can be for 26.2 tomorrow.

It's been a long summer, and like the marathon materials say: "Long journey, beautiful reward." The race is the reward and I need to think like that. I also need to think about it as a long run. I have run 20 miles 2 times. I can do this.

One of my strengths is my steady pacing. That's why I intend to stay with the 4:30 pace team as long as possible. I'd love to stay with at least of my sisters for most of the way. Companionship and conversation helps so much on these long runs.

So I'm ready. I'm excited. I'm anxious. And I'm actually positive.

Here we go!

1 comment: